(-4.75, -6.46) on
The Political Compass




Places of Interest
Archives
<< current
The 18½ Minute Gap
Check to have links open new windows.
Thursday, September 11, 2003
Blessed are the peacemakers

Somehow, I couldn't imagine Jesus doing this....

: "A Indiana Baptist pastor has been accused of spewing 'hate speech' after he posted the following message on his church's marquee: 'Sunday sermon 10:30 a.m. 'Islam: America's No. 1 Enemy.''

Marc Monte has been pastor of Faith Baptist Church in Avon, Ind., for five years, according to a report in the Indianapolis Star. He says his sermon would include important information the public is not getting from the media.

'I want to stir interest, not alarm, but Islam is a false religion, dangerous and hate-promoting,' Monte told the paper.

'If I were a pastor who read KKK literature or Hitler's 'Mein Kampf,' I would hope the members of my church would head to other churches. It is awful stuff. I repudiate it, and I put Islam in the same camp.' "

The not-very-Reverend Monte claims to have studied the Koran, of which he says, "I opened the Quran and smelled a stinking, bloated, dead rat on every page."
This page is powered by Blogger.