(-4.75, -6.46) on
The Political Compass




Places of Interest
Archives
<< current
The 18½ Minute Gap
Check to have links open new windows.
Sunday, September 14, 2003
I don't get it, I guess
O'Reilly Network: National Review Continues to Get It [Sep. 10, 2003]: "This entry, while it mentions politics, is not about politics. I'm not particularly political, in any case. What I am is something of a politics junkie. And, as a politics junkie who works in technology, one thing I've noticed is that conservative groups (magazines and political orgs), in general have been a bit faster on the technology uptake than the other political varieties. "

Oh, please. So now you can buy National Review as a downloadable PDF. Sorry, I don't consider this a leap forward. And in a year where the big politics/internet story has been the ways Howard Dean has been using the net for campaigning and raising money, and when I've been a subscriber to The New Republic Digital, which actually lets you get to the articles you want in HTML so you don't have one farking huge PDF to scroll through, I just can's see this as being "faster on the uptake". Maybe it's just that the left isn't quite so relentlessly self-promoting.

This page is powered by Blogger.