(-4.75, -6.46) on
The Political Compass




Places of Interest
Archives
<< current
The 18½ Minute Gap
Check to have links open new windows.
Monday, May 29, 2006
In Memoriam

I have never served in the military, but I am not unfamiliar with it. My father and several uncles all served, including one of my uncles who was a career Army NCO and served tours in Korea and Vietnam and two others who were Army in Nam as well. Fortunately, they all came home. Many others didn't. Let us honor their sacrifice not by pursuing policies that will create more graves to decorate, but by pursuing policies that recognize that their sacrifice was incredibly precious to themselves, their families, and our nation.

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.   
Shovel them under and let me work–
            I am the grass; I cover all.   
   
And pile them high at Gettysburg   
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.   
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:   
            What place is this?   
            Where are we now?   
   
            I am the grass.  
            Let me work.
This page is powered by Blogger.