(-4.75, -6.46) on
The Political Compass




Places of Interest
Archives
<< current
The 18½ Minute Gap
Check to have links open new windows.
Thursday, April 13, 2006
How much can you trust talk radio?
This much.
Last week, in America, a radio producer for a large syndicated program in the United States called me requesting that I go on the show, a show that has hosted me many times and where I’ve been referred to as, “Our man in Iraq.” But when I said Iraq is in a civil war, that same producer slammed down the phone and, in so doing, demonstrated how much he reveres truth....When the receiver slammed into the phone, the producer revealed himself naked; he was not supporting the troops, nor the Iraqis, but the President.

The right wing in the US appears to have come to believe its own press releases to the point that it believes they actually create reality. As I've said before, it's a particularly pernicious sort of lying. They don't intentionally distort the truth, they just ignore it and say whatever they want to believe.

This page is powered by Blogger.